Mother’s Day Brunch Ideas
With Mother’s Day right around the corner, it’s time to start thinking about ways you can treat mom. These last 12 months have changed the way we celebrate, but that doesn’t mean we can’t find ways to make celebratory moments extra special at-home. Cue the best Mother’s Day Brunch idea – breakfast in bed. For someone who loves to celebrate as much as I do, breakfast in bed is usually my go-to when I want to treat someone special in my life. But, let’s be honest, you’ll get to enjoy this Mother’s Day brunch idea just as much. So, basically you are doing this for yourself. And, if you ask me, you deserve it too!
Things to Do for Mother’s Day
Now, let’s talk spread. Mother’s Day is a very special day and deserves a very special spread, including everything from baked goods to fruit arrangements and more. My go-to Mother’s Day Brunch menu is: pancakes, eggs, bacon, sliced avocado, fruit and orange juice. See below for my favorite pancake recipe.
If you want to go above and beyond for mom (and let’s be honest, of course you do!), try adding a layer of surprise and personalization. I used elements from this Shari’s Berries Fruit Bouquet to make custom fruit sayings. All you need are letter cookie cutters/shapes and you can create your own edible messages for mom. This is also perfect for your kids who don’t want to eat fruit – turn it into shapes and letters and watch the fruit disappear. Whatever the occasion, turn food into a special gift the whole family can enjoy!
What I used for my edible fruit designs:
- Mini letter and number cookie cutters
- Mini shape cookie cutters
- Globe Knives
- Cutting Board
- Shari’s Berries Fruit Bouquet
The PERFECT Mother’s Day Brunch Pancake Recipe:
Weekends will never be the same again! If you are looking for the most delicious pancake you’ve ever tasted, you’re in the right place. These are fluffy, light and easy. Try them now, thank me later.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all purpose (plain) flour
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 5 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk (I use almond milk)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 large banana (or topping of your choice)
- 1 large egg (optional)
- Butter spray
- Combine all dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking soda, salt) in a medium size mixing bowl
- Add the wet ingredients (milk, melted butter, vanilla, egg)
- Use a wire whisk to mix all ingredients together until smooth (the key to a good batter is not too thick, not too runny)
- Chop your banana (or topping of your choice)
- Heat your griddle over low-medium heat
- Spray butter spray on pan once hot
- Pour 1⁄4 cup of batter onto the pan in a round shape
- Once the underside of your pancake is a beautiful golden brown and bubbles begin to form on the surface, add your bananas (or topping of your choice) then flip
- Repeat with remaining batter
- Serve with syrup!