To say thank you for a thoughtful gift
Did you just have a birthday, wedding or baby shower and want to thank your party guests for showering you with gifts? A thoughtful note is a great way to share your gratitude. Make the sentiment really special by telling them specifically how they’ve brightened your day. Don’t be afraid to have some fun or admit how excited you are to use their gift!
Start your letter with one of these sentiments:
- I just wanted to write to say thanks a bunch for the gift!
- Thank you for the beautiful blouse, I can’t wait to wear it this weekend.
- Thank you for coming to my birthday party, it was more special getting to celebrate with you.
- The new picture frame will look perfect in my college dorm room, thank you!
- This is exactly what I’ve been wanting, thank you so much for getting it for me.
- Thank you for the gift card, it will help me get everything I need for my upcoming move.
- The coffee mug you sent is so me. Thank you for making my mornings brighter.
- I’m so grateful for the housewarming gift you sent, our place is one step closer to feeling like home because of it.
- I know you spent a lot of time picking out the perfect gift for me and I feel blessed to have such a thoughtful friend in my life.
To express your gratitude for a kind deed
Whether a friend, family member or stranger has gone out of their way for you, surprise them with a small gift to show that their kind deed didn’t go unnoticed! A candle or incense are both inexpensive options to add to your thank you note for a little something extra.
You can customize one of these for your situation:
- I can’t even begin to explain how much your help meant to me.
- Thank you for always stepping in to help when I need you most.
- Thank you for taking the time to help me, it really meant a lot.
- Thank you for sharing your home with me, I had such a great time catching up.
- My stomach (and I) want to thank you for that delicious meal.
- You made me feel so at home that I forgot I wasn’t! Thank you for having me.
- Thank you for putting a roof over my head this weekend, it was so kind to invite me into your home.
- Thank you for hosting my event, my day just wouldn’t have been the same without you!
- Thank you for the raving letter of recommendation, I can’t wait to start my new job.
To tell a friend “thank you for being you”
They are your partner in crime and have your back no matter what. Let your bestie know how much they mean to you by putting together a gift basket that’s just for them. Customize it with their favorite drink, a gift card to that boutique they always talk about, or items like bubble bath, an eye mask and slippers for a relaxing night in. Play with silly puns or recount your favorite memory with them to show how much their friendship means to you.
Here are some other ways to let a friend know how great they are:
- Have a drink on me.
- You’re a peach! Thanks for your help.
- Where would I be without a friend like you?
- What you did for me was kind of a big deal. Thank you.
- How did you become so wise? Thanks again for all of your advice.
- You are my angel, thank you for your kindness and compassion.
- You know all my secrets and weird quirks, yet you’re still my bestie. Thank you.
- I don’t say it enough, but I just wanted to say thank you for always having my back.
- Do you have to train to be so amazing? Because you are definitely the best friend anyone could ask for!
- You’re my partner in crime, thanks for always supporting my crazy ideas!
- You are a ray of sunshine to me and everyone else around. Thank you for brightening my day!
- Words can’t even express my thanks, but I hope this gift will help show you how grateful I am for a friend like you.
- Thank you for helping me through that difficult time. If you ever need a shoulder to cry on, I have two for you.
To say thank you to your significant other
Do you have a spouse or significant other that is always surprising you with kind acts? Take the time to tell them how much you love them by baking a sweet treat or buying them their favorite dessert. Add a short note with three reasons why they are amazing and watch their smile light up the room.
Get inspired to tell your sweetie how much you love them with one of these kind thoughts:
- I appreciate you.
- I’d be lost without you.
- You make my heart smile.
- Thank you for being my superhero!
- How can I make your day amazing?
- How did I get so lucky? I’m so grateful you choose to be with me.
- I have a big bear hug waiting for you the next time I see you!
- You’re the sweetest! Thank you for everything you do!
- I already made dinner tonight, thank you for being so wonderful.
- When I think about things I’m grateful for, you are always on the list.
- It’s a rare thing to find someone as generous and kind as you. Thank you.
- Thank you for supporting my dreams, no matter what. I couldn’t ask for a better partner.
- Just when I thought I couldn’t love you more, you did that. Thank you for being so amazing!
To say thank you to your boss or colleague for their support
There are a few different moments when it’s appropriate to take the time to tell your boss or colleagues how much you appreciate them and their work. Maybe you just finished a project that you know you couldn’t have done without a co-worker’s expertise or your manager just lent valuable advice. Say thank you by giving some savory snacks to the person that needs a mid-afternoon pick me up or a new coffee mug to the early riser.
Here are a few ideas for telling someone that you are grateful for their contributions:
- Thank you for helping me with this project.
- Thanks again for meeting with me today.
- Thank you for taking the time to explain this.
- Thank you for leading by example.
- Thank you for being such a great leader. The other team members and I are really inspired by your actions.
- I truly enjoy being a part of your team.
- Thank you for being such an inspiration to me and others around you.
- Thank you for entrusting me with this project.
- I appreciate your dedication.
- Thank you for sharing your honest feedback about the project.
- We are grateful for your dedication to the team and company.
- Thank you for making this such an awesome place to work every day!
- Thank you for having confidence in my abilities.
- I really appreciate your flexibility and willingness to work with me on this.
- Thank you for the opportunity to work here. I will do my very best to exceed your expectations of my abilities.
- Thank you for your email, it was really appreciated.
- Thanks for your attention on the matter.
- I want to express my gratitude for everything that you’ve helped me achieve here.
- I appreciate you considering me for this position. I look forward to hearing from you.
- Thank you for sharing your opinion. I value your honesty and will respond as quickly as possible.
- Thank you for always going above and beyond to ensure the success of a project.
- I appreciate your hard work and want you to know it doesn’t go unnoticed.
Other ways to say thank you in any occasion
The great thing about saying thank you, is that it just needs to be sincere to matter. For those times where a simple, heartfelt reminder of your gratitude is all that’s needed, these will do the trick:
- I appreciate what you did.
- Thank you for thinking of me.
- Thank you for your time today.
- I value and respect your opinion.
- I am so thankful for what you did.
- I wanted to take the time to thank you.
- I really appreciate your help. Thank you.
- Your kind words warmed my heart.
- I just want to say thanks for helping me with my project.
- It was so nice to hear from you. Thank you for reaching out.
- Thanks a lot for your help – I couldn’t have done it without you!
If you really want to make someone’s day, include a gift basket or some tasty treats that you picked out just for them to enjoy. No matter how you say it or what gift you surprise someone with, they are sure to appreciate your gratitude.