February 14th is a day that is synonymous with chocolates, flowers, pink heart-shaped cards and of course, love! When it comes to Valentine’s Day, you might feel a little pressure to plan the perfect evening for you and your sweetheart. It can also be challenging for parents to find babysitters on the busy night, adding another layer of stress to a day that should be spent celebrating love.
If you find Valentine’s Day to be more demanding than doting, we’ve got you covered! This year, don’t stress about making dinner reservations and dealing with the bustling crowds of lovers. Instead, opt for a romantic evening at home. We’ve collected romantic dinner ideas to ensure you have the perfect intimate evening without leaving the house.
Plating and Decor Ideas
To set the mood for your evening at home, start with your table setting. Think of it as the stage you’ll use to show off your amazing meal.
- Pretty in Pink Valentine’s Day Tablescape from Tuft and Trim
- Valentine’s Day Table Setting from Sand and Sisal
- Valentine’s Day Tablescape from Runway Chef
Dinner Recipe Ideas
With these mouth-watering recipes, you and your loved one won’t even miss the restaurant! Pair the dishes your favorite bottle of wine or a romantic cocktail to complete the course.
- Steamed Clams with Pan Roasted Tomatoes from Homemade in the Kitchen
- Lobster Linguine in Blushing Saffron Sauce from Simple Seasonal
- Vegan Ravioli Hearts from Bianca Zapatka
- Duck à l’Orange from The Starving Chef
- Surf and Turf for Two from Iowa Girl Eats
- Coq Au Vin by You Must Love Food
- Roasted Heart Potatoes by Little Sunny Kitchen
- Baked Balsamic Goat Cheese Stuffed Pomegranate Chicken from Food Faith Fitness
- Slow Cooker Beef Bourguignon from One Clever Chef
- Creamy Gruyere Spaghetti from Girl Gone Gourmet
- Beef Wellington with Mushroom Sauce from Jessica Gavin
- Chicken in Creamy White Wine Sauce from Go Eat & Repeat
- Lemony Chicken and Bacon Bucatini from I Heart Recipes
Dessert Recipe Ideas
No meal is complete without a sweet treat! If you’re not much of a baker, put out chocolate covered strawberries and champagne for the perfect end to your delicious evening.
- Baked Alaska from Kudos Kitchen
- Red Velvet Blossom Cookies from A Classic Twist
- Valentine’s Heart Macarons from Liv for Cake
- Chocolate Strawberry Covered Popcorn from Pretty Providence
- Cake Batter Fudge by I Am Baker
- Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Raspberry Buttercream Frosting by Cooking Classy
- Strawberry Cinnamon Roll Cookies from The Cookie Rookie
- Molten Lava Cake from My Darling Vegan
- Chocolate Raspberry Mini Crepe Cakes from Sugar Hero
- Strawberry Truffle Kiss Cookies from Inside Bru Crew Life
- Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookies from Dinner Dishes and Desserts
- Conversation Heart Cakelette from Cravings of a Lunatic
Looking for even more inspiration to plan your romantic dinner at home? Try out come of these ideas for cocktails that are sure to impress your loved one’s tastebuds.
Romantic Drink Recipes
- Pomegranate and Persimmon Winter Sangria from Salt & Lavender
- Love is a Rose Cocktail from The Inspired Home
- Russian Kiss Cocktail from Olivia’s Cuisine
- Crimson Kiss from Garlic and Zest
- Cupid’s Cocktail by Amanda’s Cookin’
- Blushing Pink Gimlet from Modern Glam
- Hibiscus Champagne from Olivia’s Cuisine
Rather than heading to an overcrowded restaurant, enjoy this Valentine’s Day from the comfort of your own home. They say that the fastest way to someone’s heart is through their stomach, and with these romantic dinner ideas for two you’ll be the keeper of your loved one’s heart in no time! If you’re looking for more ways to add passion to your Valentine’s Day plans, try including these aphrodisiac foods in your recipes.