Macarons vs. Macaroons: What’s the Difference?
Share this Image On Your Site
Fun Facts about Macarons and Macaroons
• The most popular macaron flavors are pistachio, green tea, vanilla, caramel, dark chocolate, espresso and raspberry.
• There are approximately 250 calories in a macaron, and about 90 in a coconut macaroon.
• March 20th is National Macaron Day and May 31st is National Macaroon Day.
• The average size of a macaron is 3 inches but also come in a smaller version that is 1.5 inches.
• A macaroon can average up to 1 pound at most cafés in America.
So now that you know everything there is to know about macarons and macaroons, you’ll probably spend the next few weeks correcting all your friends and family when they confuse the two. And when they get annoyed with you (which they will), you can just smooth things over by sending them a gift of our delicious classic macarons!