If you have five minutes to spare, you have enough time to make this easy appetizer. That’s what I love the most about it. It’s a fancy looking dish without a lot of fuss. Plus, it tastes great, is a delicious combination of savory and sweet, and it makes a beautiful presentation.
No matter what you do to celebrate the holiday, this simple Goat Cheese Appetizer recipe is a great addition to any party. Whether you play cards and have a game night, sip on wine and chill with friends or watch the big ball drop at a rockin’ holiday dance party, this is one appetizer people will be asking you the recipe for time and time again. Enjoy!
Easy Goat Cheese Appetizer
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup goat cheese crumbles
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 drizzle white balsamic vinegar (I used peach flavored)
- 1 drizzle honey
- 1 French baguette, cut into slices
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil and Italian seasoning. Pour onto a small platter.
- Top with chopped tomatoes, goat cheese crumbles, and basil.
- Drizzle 1-2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar and 1-2 tablespoons honey over the top of the goat cheese and tomatoes.
- If there’s time, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes for flavors to marinate.
- Spoon onto thin slices of French baguette to serve.
Kristen Doyle is the author of the award-winning blog, Dine & Dish. Through the use of simple, family friendly recipes, tempting food photography, compelling storytelling and lots of coffee, Kristen has created a space on the internet that feels like home. Pull up a chair and see what’s on her menu today.