What’s Your Chocolate IQ?
Are you a chocolate genius or is your taste more vanilla? Take our quiz and find out.
1. In Switzerland, each person eats about ___ of chocolate per year, while Americans eat ___ per year.
A. 22 oz., 22 lbs.
B. 24 lbs., 11 lbs.
C. 24 oz., 11 oz.
D. 11 lbs., 24 lbs.
2. The smell of chocolate can trigger:
C. A craving
D. A spurt of energy
3. A little bit of dark chocolate every day can:
A. Keep the doctor away
B. Make your hair grow faster
C. Reduce your risk of tumors
D. Reduce your risk of heart disease
4. One chocolate chip has enough energy to make you:
A. Dance the Macarena
B. Walk 150 feet
C. Clean 3.5 bathrooms
D. Climb 1500 feet
5. Chocolate melting in your mouth causes more intense feelings than:
A. A lion’s chase
B. Matthew McConaughey
D. Finishing a marathon
6. The Aztecs used cacao beans as a form of:
B. Offering to the gods
7. Most of the world’s chocolate comes from:
A. West Africa
C. Dominican Republic
8. How much chocolate is produced throughout the world each year?
A. 3.5 million pounds
B. 3.5 million kilograms
C. 3.5 million tons
D. 3.5 million bushels
9. After exercise, drink chocolate milk to increase your ________ and relieve your ________:
A. Weight; anxiety
B. Endurance; sore muscles
C. Intelligence; depression
D. Energy level; respiratory system
10. Eating chocolate can strengthen your:
A. Teeth’s enamel
11. The Aztec word for chocolate, xocolatl, literally means:
A. Delicious nectar
B. Gift from above
C. Tree of sweets
D. Bitter water
12. Mayans used ground cocoa beans 2000 years ago to make:
A. Heart-shaped truffles
B. A rich and bitter drink
C. Traditional costumes
D. Dipped berries
13. Chocolate wasn’t mass-produced until the invention of the:
A. Cotton gin
C. Steam engine
14. In what year was chocolate first made into the moldable form we love today?
15. Before 1875, chocolate was always:
A. Dark and bitter
B. White and sweet
C. In liquid form
16. In the late 1800s, two Swiss men added ______ to chocolate.
C. Condensed milk
17. Swiss chocolatier Jules Sechaud created a new way to ____ chocolate.
18. It takes ____ cocoa beans to make a pound of chocolate
19. True or False? One ounce of milk chocolate has the same amount of caffeine as one cup of decaf.
20. True or False? Chocolate is a common cause of headaches.
21. True or False? Men who eat chocolate live a year longer than those who don’t.
22. True or False? More than twice as many men as women get chocolate cravings.
23. True or False? Chocolate, wine and tea can help you score higher on tests.
24. True or False? Chocolate has been proven to be addictive.
25. True or False? Eating chocolate can make your skin break out.
Answers: 1-B, 2-A, 3-D, 4-B, 5-C, 6-D, 7-A, 8-C, 9-B, 10-A, 11-D, 12-B, 13-C, 14-D, 15-A, 16-C, 17-B, 18-A, 19-True, 20-False, 21-True, 22-False, 23-True, 24-False, 25-False
How did you score?
0-8 right: Do you even eat dessert? Your chocolate knowledge hasn’t impressed us. We recommend studying next time. And by studying we mean indulging in some truffles.
9-17 right: You’re more of a vanilla pudding person than a chocolate lover. While you may not be a chocolate connoisseur, you’ve found your own way to spoil yourself. And we’re OK with that.
18-25 right: You’re the Einstein of chocolate. Your devotion to cacao is almost as deep as ours. If you were here with us we’d share a plate of chocolate-dipped Oreos® with you.
How did you do? Let us know in the comments!